A Biography of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. By SITE Staff
INSITE BLOG on Terrorism & Extremism, August 12, 2014
The biography, as originally translated and published
A professor, teacher, former educator, recognized preacher, and a graduate of the Islamic University in Baghdad, where he finished his academic studies (BA, MA and PhD). He is known as a preacher and a person of knowledge in Islamic culture, Shariah knowledge, and jurisprudence, and possessing vast knowledge of history and lineage.
The ISIS family tree:
Sinister and organised network that begins with 'the caliph'
and continues with a rigid chain of command down to foot soldiers.
By John Hall for MailOnline, September 19, 2014
- Jihadist group uses a strict hierarchical system to manage terror operations
- Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has two deputies - one for both Syria and Iraq
- Has also appointed 'cabinet' of advisers and team of 24 regional governors
- Each governor appoints a team of captains to ensure diktats are carried out
- Another group - the Shura Council - advises on religious and military affairs
- These men are powerful enough to even 'sack' Baghdadi if they so decide